Murray Wells has spent a major period of his career working for leading City firms. This lends him the confidence and gravitas to negotiate complex matters at a very high level, particularly with respect to corporate finance and associated transactions.
He is an expert in IT and technology matters, both commercial and contractual.
Murray advises with respect to all commercial transactions including:
- joint ventures
- private equity
- £100K to £multi-million deals
His broad experience allows him to provide a robust leading role to assist clients through the process and indeed to lead financial and contractual negotiations to ensure the optimum outcome.
In addition, Murray is an expert in the IT and Technology sectors, having advised clients from pure startups to international PLCs upon all commercial and contractual matters.
With a detailed understanding of the risks and pressures faced by any business, Murray gets to the point very quickly and soon becomes an integral part of your team.
- Advising sellers on sale of Surrey based technology company to listed company for £5m plus consideration shares.
- Purchase of semiconductor manufacturer to US based clients for £10m plus, involving debt funding by Bank of America.
- Advising ISS Solutions plc on listing and fund raising on AIM and general +advice.
- Acting for Rodale Inc. on multimillion corporate reconstruction and joint venture with UK based publishing company.
- Leading corporate lawyer on the Robbie Williams multimillion joint venture with EMI.
- Acting on the share sale for a London based technology and consultancy parent company with subsidiaries based in UK, Dubai, Turkey and Singapore, specialising in performance management consultancy for a consideration of £5m plus
- Acting for Peter Gabriel on various joint ventures and business angel investments, including digital music distribution company involving private equity investment and subsequent disposal to company on NASDAQ.
- Acting for Belgium based easyFairs on acquisitions in the UK.
- Acting for seller in respect of high tech travel surveillance company for a consideration of £5m company specialising in the design and manufacture of precision optical systems and components for a consideration of £2m plus.
- Acting for majority owners of civil engineering company (£50m plus value) on reorganisation and corporate restructure and management incentives.
- Acting for sellers on sale of IT software distribution and consultancy company to US buyers for $5m plus.
- Acting for sellers of software company in the health sector to AIM listed company for initial value of £12m with projected value of consideration shares in excess of £30m.
- Acting on reconstruction and merger of two of the largest IiP providers in England, creating a single entity providing IiP services in the South of England.
- Advising Advanced Computer Software Group plc on various multimillion acquisitions.
- Acting for management shareholders on abortive multimillion private equity investments with Aberdeen Asset Management.
- Acting for US individuals in joint venture with Pinewood Studios, buy out of Pinewood’s interests and sale to Chorion plc.
- Lead lawyer for Anvil Software Limited on multimillion licensing of repo trading software to major banks including Royal Bank of Canada, Bankers Trust, Rabo Bank and Barclays.
- Lead lawyer for two London based technology companies on high value IT consultancy agreements with leading companies such as Accenture, KPMG, Tesco, Vodafone, O2, Sage, Dyson, Hitachi, PwC, IBM, Honda, Hogg Robinson, John Lewis, Mulberry and Worldpay.
- Advising Advanced Health and Care on multimillion contracts with customers, (including 111 deal with NHS Direct) and partners such as Vodafone and EE.
Outside work, Murray tries to spend time in the countryside with his dog Ruby and maintains an active interest in both rugby and football.